Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wrap-up Post: 48 hour Read-a-thon

Well I would like to thank Mother Reader for hosting this challenge. I really enjoyed it and I would love to do it again. I never completed so many books in a 48 hour period.
Here are my stats:
Books read : 9
Hours read and networked: 30
Hours doing other things that had nothing to do with the challenge: 18
Total pages read: 2164

Here are some mini reviews of completed books:
1. I Don't want to be crazy: Very good and very sad. Its about a girl with an anxiety disorder and how it effects her relationships with others.
2. Fat Camp: Another good read about a girl who is sent off to fat camp by her parents and what goes on while she is there. You see what goes on at the camp.
3.Skinny: I like this read too. It gives you the in and outs of someone living with anorexia and how it effects the family
4. I'd Tell You I love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You: Very good book it started slow and quickly picked up the pace. Its the story of Cameron Morgan and her friends at Gallagher's Academy of spies. You learn a lot of spy lingo.
5. The United States Constitution A Graphic Adaption: This is a graphic adaption of the constitution which makes it easier to understand and interpret. I recommend it for any student taking a Government class.
6. The Complete Persepolis: Really good book about a girl who is living through the overthrowing of the Shah and the establishment of the Iran Islamic Revolutionary government. At times this book is sad and at times its funny. Very good read.
7. Speak: A another book that made me think and say wow. Its a story about a girl who is raped at a party and how she comes to term with what happened.
8. Ana's Story: A very sad read. Its about a girl named Ana who was born with the Aids virus. It talks about the death of her parents and the moving around in her life. She ultimately finds love but its not the romantic love but the love of her child. This is a true story.
9: The Middle Ages: This is the story of the Kings of the Middle Ages. Its starts with the Norman Kings and then it ends with Richard II this was the period of the 100 yrs war and right before the War of the Roses. Good history read. By the way its about England during that time.

Again, Thank you to Mother Reader I really enjoyed this and I will try to participate again next year.

7 comments:

Alessa said...

30 hours with two kids is amazing :). Awesome job.

MotherReader said...

You're so welcome. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done! Thanks for playing!

Becky said...

Wow! You did fantastic. I'm glad I could join you and the others in this challenge...although I did my best with it. Good job!

Heidenkind said...

Wow, nine books! w00t! Congratulations on completing the readathon. :)

MillyMarie (Melissa) said...

I'd love to read #4 I think that was suggested to me quite a while ago? Awesome job! I'm jealous you read 9 books! Uggg. I'm such a slow reader. I only got to like 3ish. Oh well. Next time maybe. ;) Awesome job though!!! (millymarie on twitter ;)

Liyana said...

Great job, I hope to see you participating again next year! I think the Gallagher Girls series is amazing fun!

Jess said...

Congrats on all the great reading! I haven't read any of the books on your list, but look forward to check some of them out.