Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Love Lies and Murder Movie review

Synopsis from VH1. com:

Love, Lies and Murder is based on a true story that began its tragic unspooling on March 19, 1985 in Garden Grove, California. 23-year-old wife and mother Linda Brown is murdered. She leaves behind her computer-consultant husband
Clancy Brown, her 17-year-old sister (Sheryl Lee), a 14-year-old stepdaughter (Moira Kelly) from her husband's previous marriage, and an 8-month-old infant. When police investigate, the stepdaughter confesses to the killing. This closes the case--until Mr. Brown callously marries his late wife's sister, and doubts begin to stir as to whether or not the stepdaughter was coerced into confessing. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide


My Review:

Wow, how can human being be that cruel that manipulative is shocking. David Brown manipulated his eldest daughter to shoot her step-mother. A woman she loved and a woman who adored him.

The acting was great. Moira Kelly did a great job as Cinnamon. She felt the emotion of the person she is portraying. Clancy Brown as David Brown was great at manipulating the young girls in the movie. He seemed so real and so creepy. I was glued to the tv for the whole 4 hours and that is rare for me because I have ADHD.

It will probably repeat on lifetime but you should really see this movie. Anne Rule has a book on the case. It is called IF YOU REALLY LOVED ME. I have not read it yet but its on my TBR list.

I give it a 4.5/5

2 comments:

Yvette Kelly said...

I am going to see where I can get this movie.I read the book and that was excellent.The story almost seems unbelievable.Can you even imagine!

Shannansbooks said...

I saw it on Lifetime Movie Network. I don't know when it will repeat again.