Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday 56


Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions
on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*
Post a link along with your post back to this blog and to Storytime with Tonya and Friends here or at http://storytimewithtonya.blogspot.com/
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


This weeks entry is from Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe:

However, he took it as I meant it, that is, to let him think I was inclined to go on with him, as indeed I had reason to do, for he was the best-humoured merry sort of a fellow that I ever met with; and I often reflected how doubly criminal it was to deceive such a man; but that necessity, which pressed me to a settlement suitable to my condition, was my authority for it; and certainly his affection to me and the goodness of his temper, however they might argue against using him ill, yet they strongly argued to me that he would better take disappointment than some fiery-tempered wretch, who might have nothing to recommend him but thoue passions which would serve only to make a woman miserable.


Wow that was a real run-on sentence lol.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Jeez, I had to read that slow a couple times to figure out what it meant! I feel kinda stupid.

Heidenkind said...

LOL You could do a blog challenge where people have to find a sentence longer than that one. Yikes! :)

Suzanne said...

oohh, I like that. Someone should do a challenge for the longest sentence in the book they're reading right now.

Anonymous said...

What a mouth full, and a head full to read!

Sounds interesting though!

Shannansbooks said...

Lol. There are a lot of sentences like that in the book that is why this book will take a while but its very interesting. I have to take breaks from it and Tonya you are not slow. Thanks for the idea about the longest sentence meme. I might think about doing that if I have the time.