Friday, June 19, 2009

North By Northwest Review

My Review: While this was not one of my favorite genres the movie was ok for me. I know a lot of people would say different. I watched it 2 times to get the gist of it but it was too much going on for me. It seem like good looking man meets good looking girl and they have big adventure hiding from people who are after them. This movie did not hold my attention. I found myself dozing off and it was the middle of the day. From other reviews people loved it but I did not. While I like Cary Grant as an actor this was not his best film.

The scenary in the film was typical 1950's style you saw the sets were not real especially when the characters were driving and of course in the Mount Rushmore scene. I though the acting was good but as I said before the plot did not hold my attention.

I love a lot Hitchcock's work I did not love this one. I am not a person who is into James Bond Films, I did not like the Fugitive and other spy movies. I am more familiar with his more sinister and darker films. Which is what I like complete with MURDER.



So overall I give this film a 2/5 but if you are into action thrillers this is the one for you.

3 comments:

Heidenkind said...

I think I have to agree with you on this one, because even though I'm sure I watched it, the only scene I can remember is the one where Cary Grant is running from the airplane. And I didn't like that scene.

pussreboots said...

Awww. It's one of my favorites but then, I do like most James Bond films too. (I don't like the current Bond.)

Shannansbooks said...

Heidenkind.. I am glad I was not the only one.

Pussreboots: I don't hear good reviews of the new one either.