Saturday, June 20, 2009

Review Of I'd Tell You Love, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter



From the Back Cover:
Cameron Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school- typical, that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses, but it's really a school for spies.
Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man seven different ways with her bare hands, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl.
Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real "pavement artist"- but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her?

My Review:
I really liked this book. It was good look at what it is like to attend an exclusive boarding school with more than your normal classes. Cameron is a likable character and the author lets you get inside her head. She is used to working as spy but when love comes and bites her she is complete confused. Her training in being a spy does not prepare her for Josh a cute boy who goes to a local public school. She goes through a lot of shenanigans. The rest her classmates were minor character in the story but I did take a liking to one them, Macy McHenry, daughter of a senator. I hope to see more of her as I continue the series.

I give this book 4.5/ 5

4 comments:

Liyana said...

I love this series! It's unique, and has a fun setting. The whole clandestine operations thing is just my favourite part.

Shannansbooks said...

Yes, I like it too. It seems different from the current YA fare of vampires and faires. I have the next one in the series and waiting for the 3rd to come in paperback. Or if the Hardcover ends up on Booksamillion discount table like the second book.

Heidenkind said...

This book sounds really fun. And you changed your layout! :)

Shannansbooks said...

Yes, That is one thing I did. I hope you like it. I did a lot of experimenting. I still have a ways to go.