Friday, June 19, 2009

Summer Reading Challenge 2009


  • Challenge: Summer Reading Challenge 2009
  • Start date: June 21, 2009
  • Finish date: September 21, 2009

    Hosted By: A Southern Daydreamer Reads

    Rules:

    1. Make a list of books you want to read this summer.
    2. Write a post with your list on your blog. (You can add to or change this list at any time during the challenge)
    3. Please post the direct link to your Summer Reading Challenge 2009 post. (so that other participants can visit and see what you are reading)
    4. You can write another post in September to let everyone know how you did
    Here is my list of books I want to complete this summer:

  • 1. Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
    2. Princes in the Tower by Alison Weir
    3. Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe
    4. MiddleMarch by George Eliot
    5. Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy
    6. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
    7. The Lost Princess of Oz by Frank Baum
    8. Birth of Britan by Winston Churchill
    9. The Winter Queen by Phillipia Gregory
    10. Ghost Stories by Edith Wharton
    11. The Fruit of Her Hands by Michelle Cameron
    12. Homer's Oddessy by Gwen Cooper
    13. It Happened in Italy by Elizabeth Bettina
    14. Sister Carrie by Theodore Dresier
    15 The Mystery of Edwin Drood by Charles Dickens
    16. New World by Winston Churchill
    4/16

    5 comments:

    Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

    Welcome to the challenge! You have a great list. I am trying to read some of the classics too! ~ Susan

    Gwen said...

    Love your list! I try to read a classic for every couple current fiction that I read.

    RobinfromCA said...

    Wow! You have an amazing list full of excellent books! I keep promising myself I'll read the Illiad and the Oddessy but I never get there. I've read some of the others on your list and love them, however. I'm really interested to hear what you think of "Birth of Britain" because it interests me as well. Love the classics - have you joined the Classics 2009 Challenge?

    Robin

    joyh82 said...

    Wow, what a list. Good luck with the challenge. I have been meaning to try Phillipia Gregory for awhile now.

    Shannansbooks said...

    Thanks everyone for the comments.

    Robin when I read the Birth of Britain I will post my review. Also I a joined the Classics 2009 and finished it