Hour 3 (When I started this is actually my first hour)
I started in hour 3. I managed to read 20 pages of Agnes Grey. So far it is an interesting read. Thoe only drawback I have to keep flipping to the back for endnotes. I spend a total time of 45 mins reading. I had several interruptions during my reading. Hopefully I will read more pages next hour.
Hour 4 (2nd hour)
I am doing poorly in reading this hour as well. More distractions phone call from hubby and son interrupting me. I only managed 18 pages. This starting to look sad. I will continue to update every hour unless I am out and then I will combine hours.
Hour 5-6 (2nd and 3rd)
I have read about 4o pages of Agnes Grey and still I have distractions. I feel like I am the slowest reader in the read-a-thon. Hopefully I will have less distractions this next hour.
Hour 7( 4th hr)
Again another terrible reading hour. My husband keeps bugging me so I only read a measly five pages. So I did not read much. I don't even know if I will finish the book Agnes Grey.
Hour 8(5th hr)
Still only managed 10 pages and again more disrtractions. I need to go to convent or sit in solitary confinment.
I did not manage to read more than 2 pages as I was getting ready to go to the homearama with family. I will be reading on the way since my hubby will be driving.
I did not get to read much I did manage 30 pages. I went with family to see the homerama. I am a hanging in there and I will check in next hour.
I have only managed to read 30 pages. Again more interruptions. So I dont know if I will ever finish this short 195 page book.
I think next hour I will be close to finishing Agnes Grey. It is quite an interesting read. I think I like it a little better than Jane Eyre. It has some similarities. I have not decided what I am going to read next. I know it has to be lite since its late at night. I do enjoy the 24hr read-a-thon. Its finally going to be something I can complete.
I am almost finished Agnes Grey. I am on page 176/195. It has been a great read. I really like the Brontes. I have no idea what I am going to read next though. If I finish it early during this hour I will spend my remaining time picking out a lite read. I am a little sleepy but I am hanging in there.
I have finally completed Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte. Here is my review:
From the Back Cover: Concerned for her family's financial welfare and eager to expand her own horizons. Agnes Grey takes up the position of governess the only respectable employment for an unmarrried woman in the nineteenth century.......
I throughly enjoyed this book. I wish I could have read it in one sitting but life gets in the way. I think its one of my favorites of the Brontes Sister my most favorite being Jane Eyre. I have read a total of 200pages so far. I started on Edgar Allan Poe's Metzengerstein, I read about 5 pages.
I went to sleep after 430am est. I could not finish.
I will participate again. I have decided if I would be a reader or a cheerleader. It depends on what is going on at the time.
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? The hours after 430am
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Agnes Grey
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Everything was fine with this one.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I think if I had my family go somewhere for the day then I would time to read a lot better than I did
5. How many books did you read? 1
6. What were the names of the books you read? Agnes Grey
7. Which book did you enjoy most? Agnes Grey
8. Which did you enjoy least?
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I think they did a fine job.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?