Friday, June 19, 2009

Review for DIAL M FOR MURDER

Review and Synopsis:

This move start with a married woman, played by Grace Kelly who is discussing the past with her ex-boyfriend. They are just finishing a passionate embrace when her husband comes in. She immediately introduces her her old friend to her husband. They were supposed to go out to dinner but the husband changes his mind saying he has work to do. Here is where the the backdrop of the movies comes into place. I wont say anymore except she is accused of murder but will she have to suffer? What happens for her to be charged? Well you have to watch the movie to find out.

I would have to say I loved this movie. It will easily be one of my favorite movies. It was based on a play. This movie had the right amount of suspense. There was a remake in the '90s with Michael Douglas and Gwyneth Paltrow called a Perfect Murder.This is what I have known of Hitchcock rather than his movie North by Northwest.

The acting was wonderful and the character were very believable. Grace Kelly is one of my favorite actresses and its a shame her life was cut short by and accident. The male actors were really good in their roles too especially Ray Millard and Robert Cummings. I would like to see more of their work too.

Overall I give this movie a 5/5

5 comments:

Belle Wong said...

Out of all the Hitchcock movies, this is the one I'd really like to see. It sounds very good!

Heidenkind said...

I love this movie, too. It's really one of my favorite Hitchcock movies, and I love the actor who plays the husband. He's just smarmy enough that you don't trust him.

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

I just watched this movie for Summer of Hitchcock by My Friend Amy. I loved. We're doing a different on every week this summer.

Shannansbooks said...

Ms Bookish: It was very good.
Heidenkind: I will watch this movie next weekend on TCM Alfred Hitchcock Movieathon on 6/29

Nicole. I am participating in that one too.

Chrisbookarama said...

Grace was gorgeous, wasn't she? So sad that she died so young.