This weekly meme is hosted by Bermuda Onion.
This weeks words come from the The Luxe by Anna Godberson.
1. haranguee- 1. a speech addressed to public assembly. 2. a ranting speech or writing 3. lecture
pg 142 " I won't harangue you with my jealousies any more"
2. Phaeton- 1. any of various light four-wheeled horse drawn vehicle 2. touring car.
pg147-8 The phaeton came to a stop, and Buck climbed almost delicately for a man of his size down to the street so that he could assist Penelope.
3. gesticulated- to make gestures especially when speaking
pg 161 She gesticulated and laughed and pouted and generally made the dress she was sewn into and the room she inhabiting look ridiculous and constraining.
4. filigreed- to adorn with or if with filigree. ornamental work especially of fine wire of gold, silver, or copper applied chiefly to gold and silver surfaces.
" We've almost got it," Claire said as she puffed up the stairs on to the enclosed iron filigreed porch.
5.epaulet ts- something that ornaments or protects the shoulder a. an ornamental fringed shoulder pad formerly worm as part of a military uniform b. an ornamental strip or loop sewn across the shoulder of dress or coat.
pg 258 There were all the usual people- the sons and daughters of old New York families mixing with new millionaires, in black tails and skirts of tulle and spangled satin- and the naval men, with their epaulets and swords, too.
6. samovar- 1. an urn with a spigot at its base used especially in Russia to boil water for tea. 2. an urn similar to a Russian samovar with a device for heating contents.
p271 Henry went over to the desk, where elaborate samovar sat.