Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hour 1 mini- challenge


Where are you reading from today? In my room, the kitchen and outside of my son's school
3 facts about me … I am a mother, A cat shelter volunteer, A nursing graduate
How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? 12 books
Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? I hope to read at least 6 books, I don't have any goals for the number of pages, I hope to read at least 18 hours and I have not goals on commenting on blogs. So to me there are no set number of comments

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time? My advice for newbies is if your eyes get tired switch to an audiobook for awhile you are allowed one audiobook I think also if you have kids to cook for that helps as well.

3 comments:

Irish said...

I first read the last line as it helps to have kids to cook for you. and was like wow, that'd be nice...lol but your way works too. ;-)

Kailana said...

I think tired eyes is the worst for me. Even when it is not the read-a-thon!

Liyana said...

Hello book!
What are you up to?
Keeping yourself to yourself,
shut in between your covers,
a prisoner high on a shelf.
come in book!
What is your story?
Haven't you ever been read?
Did you think
I would just pass by you
And pick me a comic instead?
No way book!
I'm your reader
I open you up.
Set you free.
Listen, I know a secret!
Will you share your secrets with me?
by N.M. Bodecker

LiyanaLand!
http://liveandbreathesmexily.blogspot.com