Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday 56


Rules:* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.* Turn to page 56.* Find the fifth sentence.* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Storytime with Tonya and Friends.*Post a link along with your post back to Storytime with Tonya and Friends.* Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This weeks's 56 comes from The Luxe by Anna Godbersen.

The ideal ladies' maid will be awake before her mistress, with warm water for washing the face, and will not go to sleep until she has undressed her mistress for bed. She may require a nap during the day, when her mistress does not need her. - Van Kamp's Guide to Housekeeping for ladies of High SOciety , 1899 edition.

What is your friday 56?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to have a maid!

Mine's HERE

Suzanne said...

I wouldn't love to have a ladies maid, I NEED a ladies maid!

Nita said...

Ah - the Gilded Age - much more fun to read about than to live!

BTW - my childrens' plaint growing up was always "I'm not your maid!"
My reply, "Why do you think I had you?" lol!

Here”s mine.

Shannansbooks said...

I would love to have a maid too. My house kind of needs it right now lol.

Nita: My son says the same thing