Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday 56

Rules:* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.* Turn to page 56.* Find the fifth sentence.* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Storytime with Tonya and Friends.*Post a link along with your post back to Storytime with Tonya and Friends.* Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.
Today's Friday 56 comes from Kit Learns a Lesson by Valerie Trapp this book is from the American Girls Series:
Mother was quiet for a thoughtful moment. Then she said, " Kit dear, it's very ingenious of you to have thought of all this, and it would be very nice of you and Ruthie to sacrifice your tree house lumber. But i'm afraid lumber for renovation is not our only problem. We don't have money to pay a carpenter. Who'd do the work?"
What is your little friday snippet for today?

3 comments:

Kristin Callender said...

Hi Shannon,
I reached over into the book shelve next to me and pulled out my old copy of To Kill a Mockingbird. Turned to page 56 and here's lines 5 & 6.
"You do an' I'll wake up Atticus."
"You do and I'll kill you."

One of my favorite books. :)
Kristin Callender aka on twitter @KCBOOKS

Tea said...

Oh, that's so sad. For some reason I thought of Little Women and their lack of money during the War.

Shannansbooks said...

Yes, I remember that too. I think they have been a poor family because of the death of the hubby which was common in that time I think since the wife did not work.