Sunday, October 25, 2009

Readathon Hour 24 and Wrap-up Post



Books I read: Nana Vol 2
#of pages read this hour: 208
Time spent reading: 40 mins
Mini-Challenges completed: 0
#of pages total read this far: 1788
Total books completed so far: 7
Snacks/Meals eaten: none
My Thoughts: I overslept because I was going to go be up to read the last to hours but I did not set my alarm right so I woke up at at 7:10 I decided to pick up a graphic novel cause I usually can whiz through those without interruption in less than an hour.
Wrap-up Post
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Hour 18 so I went to sleep after it and woke up in hour 24
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Nana Mangas helped a lot.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? None
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Get more graphic novels and try The American Girl series
5. How many books did you read? 7
6. What were the names of the books you read? Betsy and Tacy go Downtown, Vampire Academy, Nana Vol 1-2, Heaven to Betsy, Wintergirls, Chocolat Vol 3, Betsy in Spite of Herself
7. Which book did you enjoy most? Wintergirls
8. Which did you enjoy least? Heaven to Betsy but really I enjoyed them all.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I am going to participate in it again unless my hubby is working that weekend because I am dying of sleep deprivation right now. I will be a reader but I might try to switch and be a cheerleader.
Well that is all folks. I really enjoyed myself now I must get back to real life. 7 hours till the kids bedtime and then I can sleep because I have to work in the morning.

3 comments:

Chrisbookarama said...

Congrats on finishing 7 books!

Heidenkind said...

You did a great job with the readathon! I think mangas are a really good idea to throw in for the readathon--they move fast and can give you a break from any other "heavy" books.

1morechapter said...

7 books is awesome! Hope it works out for you next time as well!