Saturday, October 24, 2009

Let The Read-a-Thon Begin


And she is off. I have now officially started the readathon. I thought I would start with the audiobook Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson. This reason I am starting with an audiobook is because I will be helping my son out with Rocket Day for his boy scout troop. So not to disappoint him we have decided to do that. Luckily I have enough memory on my blackberry to download it from audible.com. So for the first 4 hours I will be listening to Wintergirls. I will probably use it again when my eyes get tired around 12am. I am going to to do as many hours as I can stay awake.
I have decided to update my blog every 4 hours and complete one mini-challenge per 4 hours. I will be tweeting my progress every hour since its just quick flip to goodreads. My goals for this readathon is to complete at least 6 of the 12 books in my readathon pile.
Here is my readathon pile as of today:
1. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
2.Betsy and Tacy Go Downtown by Maud Hart Lovelace
3.Heaven to Betsy by Maud Hart Lovelace
4.Betsy in Spite of Herself by Maud Hart Lovelace
5. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
6. Frostbite by Richelle Mead
7. Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead
8. Chocolate Vol 3 by Shin Jisang.Geo
9. Marked by P.C. and Kristin Cast
10. Betrayed by P.C. and Kristin Cast
11. Nana Vol 1 by Ai Yazawa
12 Nana Vol 2 by Ai Yazawa
See ya again in 4 hours.....

4 comments:

Louise said...

Hi there Shannan

My name is Louise and I "first met you" during the bloggiesta where we began following each other on twitter. How fun to "meet" you here as well.

I live in Denmark and have been up for hours, since I am nine hours ahead of Pacific Time and 5AM Pacific Time means 2PM in Copenhagen, Denmark.

I wish you much luck with your readathon. I have signed up this year for the first time, although I am not reading but cheerleading.

Those first hours I am going to orientate myself a bit, check out the blogs participating, hanging out on Twitter and so on. I might sneak in a bit of reading here and there, but my main thing is to cheer so GO! GO! GO!

Anonymous said...

Traditional read-a-thon blessing:

May the bookshelf be there to greet you.
May all the books appeal.
May the fridge be full of tasty snacks;
the words fall soft upon your eyes and until the read-a-thon ends,
may you always hold a book in the palm of your hand.

Good luck today!

Jen said...

Go Shannan Go! I'm so happy to see BT Go Downtown in your pile for today, I especially love that one as Betsy is really starting to grow up.

Liyana said...

Keep up the great work!

LiyanaLand!
http://liveandbreathesmexily.blogspot.com