Monday, May 4, 2009

Southern Reading Challenge 2009


May 15 - August 15, 2009

Maggie from Maggie Reads is once again hosting her very popular Southern Reading Challenge for 2009. She writes:


I
t's that time of year!

The time when you pour a glass of lemonade or sweet tea and take your official summer spot on the porch. Lean back in that chase lounge surrounded by geraniums and ferns, and begin the summer long journey into Southern culture.

Participants may choose to read any style of Southern book such as Appalachian tales, Civil War sagas, Gothic myths, Grit lit, etc... The goal is THREE BOOKS in three months. As she did last year, Maggie will be holding weekly drawings and contest

Here are the books that I am reading for the challenge:

1. The Awakening by Kate Chopin
2. Rhett Butlers People by David McCiag
3. Girls in Trucks by Katie Crouch

2 comments:

Vasilly said...

Yay you joined! I have Chopin on one of my many reading lists. I'll get to her one day. Happy reading.

I'm glad you didn't put down any of those 500+ books you were talking about earlier! ;)

Vasilly
http://classicvasilly.wordpress.com

Shannansbooks said...

Lol, I was searching hard through my shelves. It may change when I use my 20% off Barnes and Noble coupon. I will look for some Southern Reading.