Thursday, May 7, 2009

Booking Through Thursday

btt button

Suggested by Vega:

Last Saturday (May 2nd) is Free Comic Book Day! In celebration of comics and graphic novels, some suggestions:

- Do you read graphic novels/comics? Why do/don’t you enjoy them? No, I would rather read Nonfiction or Historical fiction without the distraction of pictures


- How would you describe the difference between “graphic novel” and “comic”? Is there a difference at all? Graphic Novel is usually a work that reads like a novel but with the pictures and the comic book is like a few short lines and then the storyline changes.

- Say you have a friend who’s never encountered graphic novels. Recommend some titles you consider landmark/”canonical”. I would say either Dracula or Tales from Udolpho are good Graphic novels



3 comments:

Jess said...

I don't read a ton of graphic novels but I loved Epileptic by David B. It was incredible.

Literature Crazy said...

I've got some tips on my post about how to venture into the world of graphic novels, if you're interested in doing so. I'm very much a literary fiction person myself, so I had to first get a glimpse into the artistry behind them and then I could appreciate them as a wholly separate type of art, rather than comparing them to novels (which helps me).

You can check out my post here.

Shannansbooks said...

Thanks for the suggestions. Heather I will check out your site.