Monday, January 4, 2010

The Hardy Boys House on The Cliff by Franklin Dixon Review # 3





Hardcover
Publisher: 1959 G & D; First Edition? edition (1959)
ASIN: B001SJRA1O


About the book from Borders.com:
Description: When Mr. Hardy disappears while investigating a mystery surrounding a vacant house rumored to be either haunted or an abode for criminals, the Hardy Boys search for the truth.


My Review:

This was a little more action packed than the first. It starts out with some action when the boys save a man from being blown up by a grenade. Little did they know that saving that man would put them into a mystery that involves them, their dad and a few friends. While their dad is investigating a case he comes up missing for a few days. They boys and their friend Chet, Biff. Phil and Jerry go out to search for him and wind up in over their heads.

This book is great for a little boy who loves action and adventure each chapter ends with a cliff hanger which if you are reading to him keeps him wanting more. I have not tried the books out with my son yet because even though he is nine he does not have the attention span for such a long chapter book.

I give this book a 4/5

FCC Disclosure: I borrowed this book from the library. I was not given any payment for this book and this is solely my expressed opinion. I am also an Amazon Associate.

No comments: