This weekly meme brought to you by Bermuda Onion.
Here are my words for the week:
From Pickwick Papers:
1. assiduity- marked by careful unremiting attention or presistent application
2. somniferous- inducing sleep; soporific
From Beowulf on the Beach:
1. garrulous- given to prosy, rambling, or tedious loquacity; pointlessly or annoyingly talkative
2.cellarage- a fee charged for storage in a cellar
3. fitchew- the old world polecat of its fur
4. somnambular- to walk or perform another act while asleep or in a sleeplike condition
5.threnody- a poem or song of mourning or lamentation
6.penultimate- the next to last
7. proscenium- 1. the area of a modern theater that is located between the curtain and the orchestra. 2. The stage of an ancient theater, located between the background and the orchestra.
Since I am still reading these books look forward to more from them next week and others.
What words did you find.