Friday, April 24, 2009
Synopsis: At a New England boarding school, a sex scandal is about to
break. Even more shocking than the sexual acts themselves is the fact that they
were caught on videotape. A Pandora's box of revelations, the tape triggers a
chorus of voices--those of the men, women, teenagers, and parents involved in
the scandal--that details the ways in which lives can be derailed or destroyed
in one foolish moment.
Writing with a pace and intensity surpassing even her own greatest work,
Anita Shreve delivers in TESTIMONY a gripping emotional drama with the impact of
a thriller. No one more compellingly explores the dark impulses that sway the
lives of seeming innocents, the needs and fears that drive ordinary men and
women into intolerable dilemmas, and the ways in which our best intentions can
lead to our worst transgressions.
Thanks to Valerie at Hachette I am giving away 5 copies of this book. I'm planning to review this book in the coming weeks.
- Leave a comment on this blog with your email address to receive one entry.
- Follow me on this blog to receive another entry.
- Follow me via Networked blogs on Facebook for yet another entry.
- Blog about this giveaway & I'll add 5 more entries to your total.
- Books will be delivered directly from the publisher so the giveaway is only for residents of the US & Canada. No PO boxes, please.
Winners will be announced 5/10/2009 - Random Drawing.
Please Check her blog to sign up and leave comments. No Comments to me please they are not valid.