Friday, July 3, 2009

Movie Review- Psycho




Summary from Amazon.com:
For all the slasher pictures that have ripped off Psycho (and particularly its classic set piece, the "shower scene"), nothing has ever matched the impact of the real thing. More than just a first-rate shocker full of thrills and suspense, Psycho is also an engrossing character study in which director Alfred Hitchcock skillfully seduces you into identifying with the main characters--then pulls the rug (or the bathmat) out from under you. Anthony Perkins is unforgettable as Norman Bates, the mama's boy proprietor of the Bates Motel; and so is Janet Leigh as Marion Crane, who makes an impulsive decision and becomes a fugitive from the law, hiding out at Norman's roadside inn for one fateful night.

My Review:

I have seen this movie about 5 times in the past 2 weeks. I love this movie. No one can capture the spirit of a true psychopath than Anthony Perkins. His character is what movies of that genre aspire to be. In the early 2000's, They did a remake of this movie but it never captured the essence of this film. Janet Leigh as the character of Marian Crane was a class act no one can do a death scene like her.

The movie is shot in black and white and it makes it all the more creepier than if it had been shot in color and the infamous music is a classic.

This is one of my favorite Hitchcock movies so far of the movies I have seen this one is my favorite and I would recommend it to anyone.

I rate this movie 5/5

2 comments:

Heidenkind said...

I really liked this movie, too. I think it's my favorite Hitchcock movie so far.

Shannansbooks said...

Me too. I did not get The Birds. I might have to download it from the site and watch it on Tuesday and then write my review for it. I guess everyone wants to read it