Sunday, October 14, 2007

Review of The Stuart Princesses


Summary from the back cover:

This book makes a fresh study of the six princessess of the House of Stuart who lived through the violent social and political upheavals of the seventeenth century. One is the direct ancestress of the present British royal family, one was the mother of a king of England, one died in prison at the age of fourteen. nother became Madame de France and two were English queens regent.

My Review:

This book was an insightful look at the Princess Henrietta Anne, Elizabeth of Bohemia, Mary, who was the mother of William of Orange, Queen Mary and Queen Anne. It detailed the their childhood up unto their deaths. I found this book interesting. I love history and I thought it was was very well researched. It helped me gain and understanding of the Stuart women as a whole. The only downfall is that it did not include Mary, Queen of Scots. Overall I give this a rating of 3.5/5. because it did not include Mary,Queen of Scots.

No comments: